Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,761. Welcome to our newest member, Bruno
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Steel

Default Is the whole better than the parts? The work of three who are top's in their fields.

Always kinda liked scrimshaw but never commissioned any work until now. The knife is by Steve R Johnson, it's an older piece, the model is called the Deer Hunter. Steve is one of the top makers of traditional Loveless style/pattern knives. I thought it appropriate to have something done in line with the the particular model name. I contacted Ray Cover Jr. about the engraving, let him know my thoughts on getting the knife scrimshawed and asked him to do something that would be appropriate to compliment the additional work to be done. I am very pleased (as usual) with his efforts. The scrimshaw is by Gary "Garbo" Williams. The Garbo "style" has always appealed to me, makes me smile, so I asked him to do something to coordinate with the Deer Hunter theme. I plan on getting more pieces scrimshawed. Hope you like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SRJohnsonDeerHunter.jpg (103.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SRJohnsonDeerHunter5.jpg (29.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SRJohnsonDeerHunter6.jpg (25.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Gold

Default Re: Is the whole better than the parts? The work of three who are top's in their fiel

Very nice! Garbo is a true master. I really like how he incorporated the pin into the necklace.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Gold

Default Re: Is the whole better than the parts? The work of three who are top's in their fiel

Brilliant work there! Garbo's scrim have been favorites of mine, hope to own a piece of his work someday.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Platinum

AWESOME Knifeologist! I agree, those (3) DEFINITELY are on the short list of the best in their craft, and that knife is BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for showing it,
Peter